Yaki chicken bento w/Mung Bean from Mirimar’s Delight
Two prawn ball skewers, two octopus ball skewers and six gyoza
600ml Diet Coke. (Yeah, I know. I haven’t had any since Thursday though)
Miniwheats + puffed amaranth w/ soy milk. (This seems to have given me hiccups)
Raspberry swirl soy icecream
Four pieces of toast w/honey
Glass of cordial (weak. This stuff’s pretty strong. Diet Apple/Raspberry flavour. I don’t think I’ll buy any more after I finish this one)
Archive for January, 2005
(Today doesn’t actually count, I start as of tomorrow. ^_^)
Six rosemary and garlic sausages
The sweet potato and baby leaf thing. (Not very nice. >_<)
This month’s fad diet: The Great Australian Diet: The Atkins Alternative by Dr John Tickell.
It seems to be rougly based on the idea that Okinawan people seem to live longer and healthier, and then goes off into some kind of whackiness about eating lots of plant foods. Anyway, I’m gonna give it a shot.
The basic idea is that you eat a little bit of fifteen different types of plant foods every day, and every meal should be two-thirds or more plant foods. Having been weighing up vegetarianism as a way to make myself eat more vegetables anyway, why not? He reckons you only need meat every three days or so.
He has this scale, “HI” for Human Interference, which is based on the idea that the less adulterated the food between germination and consumption, the better.
It also involves 100 minutes a week of walking.
Since I plan to start tomorrow, I went down to the supermarket today and bought the following:
- Sweet Potato and Baby Leaf w/ Fetta. (Prolly gonna chuck the fetta, will eventually migrate to buying a lettuce, a sweet potato and some balsamic vinegar, but one step at a time.)
- Multi-grain bread. (I don’t know enough about bread to know if this is better or worse HI than wholemeal, but I figure it is)
- Soy margaine (for jacket potatoes)
- Farm eggs (I’ve been buying the woolworths ones until now, but it turns out their cage eggs. >_<)
- Soy yogurts
- Hi-Cal+ Soy Milk
- Some continental sausages (Gotta have some meat)
- An avocado
That’s 11 plant things + the one remaining coleslaw in my fridge (cabbage + carrot) and some frozen vegetables (Three things, hopefully two that don’t overlap) means I can do the 15 thing without having to slice/dice and otherwise prepare. ^_^