What a weekend!

Wow, what a weekend.

anime.au.05 is over. I had a rough weekend, since I’d been flat out at work all week. Here’s my schedule for the weekend:

Friday 7am
Get up, go to work (Tuggeranong)
Friday 6pm
Leave work, collect truck, trailer and fridge from mum and Pete’s place, and couch from my step-cousin Anthony’s
Friday 7:30pm
Final pre-convention meeting at the ANU (Civic)
Saturday 12:00am
Meeting finished, go to Iori to make onigiri
Saturday 5:30am
Finish making onigiri
Saturday 6am
Get home (Queanbeyan), collect microwave and toaster
Saturday 7am
Arrive at Gerard’s place, leave trailer in his year, fill up truck with stuff for convention
Saturday 8am
Arrive at dad’s place to collect projector and screen. Turns out my dad didn’t click to what I meant by “morning”. ^_^
Saturday 8:30am
Arrive at ANU, planning to have 90 minute nap on couch. Instead spend 90 minutes unpacking truck, sticking up signs, and preparing for registration to open
Saturday 10am
Convention opens, with me at the registration desk.
Saturday 1pm
Leave seat, toilet break, and start selling pocky in the hopes that the oil for the BBQ will arrive soon.
Saturday 1:30pm
BBQ oil arrives. Rush off to cook sausages, despite having only disposable wooden chopsticks and a plastic knife and fork to work with.
Saturday 2pm
Leave BBQ in hands of others, rush off to run auction
Saturday 3pm
Scheduled auction finishing time
Saturday 4pm
Actual auction finishing time. Move to information desk to sort out successful sellers.
Saturday 4:30pm
Eat my bento. This is technically Saturday’s breakfast, unless you count four or five boxes of Pocky. ^_^
Saturday 7:30pm
Convention ended.
Saturday 10:00pm
Area cleaned up, quick chat with the guys, during which Gerard has refilled the truck
Saturday 11:00pm
Arrive at Gerard’s place, empty truck, connect trailer.
Sunday 12:00am
Back at Uni, put fridge and couch on trailer.
Sunday 1am
Arrive home. Started losing ability to focus on Canberra Avenue.
Sunday 1:40am
Having unloaded trailer, remove onigiri-making-stained clothing and showered, collapse into bed.

Yes, that was a 43 hour day.

Sunday was much less hectic, simply because I slept through the important stuff, and by the time I got to the event, it was almost all over but the cleaning. So I got home Sunday at about 11pm, those who had transport and time (except Vic) didn’t realise how much was left to clean up at uni, and those who knew had to leave for work.

Anyway, big shouts go out to the various warm bodies we used to stem the flow of things to do out in the registrations area: Luke, David Trang, Kaz, Vic, Emma, Kimberly, Ros, Steve and the two volunteers who’s names I didn’t get who took over the registration desk, right after having worked on the cosplay, when I ran off for the BBQ and auction. Also a big well done to Alana for managing to do sufficiently clear paperwork for the auction that we were able to run the auction successfully despite her falling sick before she had a chance to actually let me know what was what.. And big big thanks to Michael Cross, for doing my scheduling job better than I could have. ^_^ There are probably also other people I’ve missed there, but… Technically, I’m at work, and should be doing work stuff.

Now, on to anime.au.06! ^_^

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s