Well, the good news is that I got my wireless working with the latest dscape stack…
Up until now, any dscape stack more recent than the 060102 drop would bug when bcm43xx tried to send a packet. The stacktrace looked something like this:
Vector: 300 pc=e2157440: iee80211_master_start_xmit + 0x6c/0x4bc  lr=e2157400: iee80211_master_start_xmit + 0x2c/0x4bc  msr 9032 sp df853d70 [df853cc0] dar -08 dsisr = 40000000 current=c1a8f240 pid = 1365 comm=udevd [df853ab4] 00000008 [df853ab4] c01c449c qdisc_reestrt +0x100/0x1f0 [df853ab4] c01b2ddc dev_queue_xmit +0x160/0x2b0 [df853ab4] e27da328 mld_sendpack +0x2d4/0x3ec [ipv6] [df853ab4] e27daa74 mld_ifc_timer_expire +0x21c/0x278 [ipv6] [df853ab4] c0033507 run_timer_softirq +0x14c/0x1d0 [df853ab4] c002ea50 __do_softirq +0x68/0xf4 [df853ab4] c002eb24 do_softirq +0x48/0x60 [df853ab4] c00068dc timer_interrupt +0x1e0/0x1f4 [df853ab4] c0004584 ret_from_excet +0x0/0x1c exception 901 [df853ab4] fedb9f0 [df853ab4] 1002000 [df853ab4] 10004474 [df853ab4] 0fe848ac [df853ab4] 0fe849f4 [df853ab4] 00000000
Anyway, today I decided to actually track this down. Must be all the PowerPC presentations I keep going to…
First try was that low-hanging fruit, Ipv6. It gets dragged in somewhere during the boot process, despite not being listed in /etc/modules. Luckily, the easy solution is the rename the module, so modprobe can’t find it. ^_^
And lo and behold, the dang thing worked!
So LCA report for today will be late, since I’m currently at the Perl BOF and will have to dash off to the Penguin Dinner after.